What kinds of personal information does ExamBuilder collect?
In general, you can visit ExamBuilder on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We ask for information from you when you become a registered user because it is essential in allowing us to provide our products and services.
- We ask for personal information from you during the registration process so you can evaluate and later use our products and services.
- If you choose to become an ExamBuilder customer, you agree to allow us to store personal information into the software or service that resides on our servers. We do not control the collection or storage of personal information during this process, but rather provide you the means to store or remove such information on the system as part of these services.
- If you choose to use our service, we may collect information relating to your employees, vendors or affiliates as necessary to perform the service for you. Such information might include names, demographic information, email addresses, exam scores, and other data that you choose to enter to verify your user’s identity and enable them to access the system.
- As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information.
- We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us refine and improve the design and layout of our Site and the user experience.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as e-mails we may keep a record of that correspondence. We also periodically ask users for feedback that we use to improve our service and products and add new features. If you respond to these requests, we may keep a record of your response.
How does ExamBuilder use my information?
We collect personal information to give you a customized experience and to help ExamBuilder understand its customers and prospective customers better. ExamBuilder does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others under any circumstances.
- We use the personal information as necessary to provide you with our services.
- We do not access or use the personal information you store on our servers through our hosting services except to provide such services, to provide support in connection with such services, to test, troubleshoot and improve our products and services, or as otherwise authorized or requested by you.
- We may use the information we collect to notify you from time to time about important functionality changes to the Web site, new ExamBuilder services and products, and special offers we think you may find valuable.
- We do not deliver targeted advertisements to our customers using the personal information you give us and that we collect.
Does ExamBuilder share my information?
ExamBuilder does not disclose any of your personal information to third parties.
What security precautions does ExamBuilder take to protect me?
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information, including the use of industry-standard encryption technology and firewalls as well as restrictions regarding the storage of and access to your personal information. Your ExamBuilder account information and profile are password-protected so that you are the only one who has access to your personal information. You can edit your account information and profile by using your logon name and password.
What are cookies and how does ExamBuilder use them?
- Locate your name and account information when you log in to our Web site so that you can access your account information. When you log in, the cookie is set, and when you sign-out, the cookie is modified.
- Allow parts of the site to be customized with custom colors and logos as per customer requests.
You can make decisions about cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you decide to reject all cookies, you might not be able to access certain areas of the ExamBuilder website.
Safe Harbor Compliance
ExamBuilder complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. ExamBuilder has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view ExamBuilder’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Safe Harbor Accountability and Enforcement
ExamBuilder has put in place mechanisms to verify our ongoing adherence to these privacy principles. We encourage individuals covered by this Policy to raise any concerns that they have about the way that we process their personal data by contacting us at the address below, and we will do our best to resolve them. We have also agreed to participate in the dispute resolution program provided by JAMS.
Individuals may file a complaint with us in connection with our processing of their personal data under the Safe Harbor Principles. With respect to any dispute relating to this policy that cannot be resolved through our internal processes:
- If the dispute involves data collected in the context of an employment relationship, we will cooperate with competent EU data protection authorities and comply with the advice of such authorities. In the event that we or such authorities determine that we did not comply with this policy, we will take appropriate steps to address any adverse effects and to promote future compliance
- If the dispute involves other types of data, individuals may pursue the matter by filing a claim with JAMS
- Personnel who violate our privacy policies will be subject to disciplinary process
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, ExamBuilder’s adherence to this privacy statement, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us via our website or write to Webmaster, c/o ExamBuilder, 624 White Plains Road. Suite 200, Tarrytown, NY 10591.