Instructors Role-based access control to manage permissions
ExamBuilder allows you to create additional instructor accounts that can be assigned specific roles and permissions. You can restrict these accounts, so managers can only see a subset of students, or a subset of exams! Here are a few examples that show how this is commonly used:
- Regional managers are granted the report viewer role and limited to only see training and exam results for their employees;
- Subject matter experts (SME) are assigned the exam author role;
- Proctors are given permission to only create and schedule student accounts;
- Channel partners are granted permission to only see their employee’s results;
- Supervisors are allowed to schedule exams and see results but prohibited from deleting results and seeing question text.
These are the roles you can assign additional instructors to limit their access to specific functionality:
- Create and edit exams;
- Activate, archive and delete exams;
- Create and group students;
- Edit and group students;
- Delete students;
- View student scores and basic reports;
- View question text in basic reports;
- Schedule students and add more time to student exam attempt;
- Reset or delete student exam attempt.
This powerful feature is included in our Enterprise Edition. It is commonly used by organizations who want to restrict manager access, and also by testing centers who employ proctors.
Create a FREE evaluation account today and be up and running in 5 minutes with no obligation!